It appears that you are using a touch device. Would you like to switch to a more touch friendly interface?




Due to inclement weather in Southeastern United States, the T&S Brass facility in Travelers Rest, SC will be CLOSED on Friday, January 22, 2016.

We plan to return to our regular operating schedule on Monday, January 25, 2016.

T&S Brass: Your Source for Buy American Act Products

It’s an alphabet soup of As, Bs, Ts and Rs—and anyone who wants to be involved with the construction of a public building or public work must decipher the codes involved.

But where to start? The Buy American Act, the Trade Agreements Act, and the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act are complex government regulations which could require legal assistance to understand them fully. The simplest answer is that, in order to participate in a government or public works project, the materials and finished goods you source must be manufactured in the U.S. or, if the dollar value of the contract is high enough, one of 70+ foreign countries with which the U.S. has a trade agreement. However, in this global economy, that’s far easier said than done, as many manufactured goods are made up of components from a wide range of locations around the world. The government recognizes this, and in the BAA, TAA and ARRA, it tries to make allowances for varying degrees of foreign supply, especially from those nations with whom we have signed trade agreements.

These pages will attempt to give you a broad overview of each of these regulations, as well as how they relate to sourcing products from T&S Brass. While T&S, like nearly every U.S. manufacturer, sources some goods from overseas, the vast majority of the products T&S Brass sells are made right here in the U.S., from raw materials and components also sourced and manufactured in the U.S.

Legal disclaimer: It’s important to note that these are very complex topics which are constantly being updated by additional regulations and clarifications. While this document provides some general guidelines, it is not intended to be legal advice; please consult your legal counsel for further guidance.