For T&S, sustainability is at the core of what we do. From our partnerships with EPA WaterSense, the Alliance for Water Efficiency and the U.S. Green Building Council (the developers of LEED) to our water-saving products, the T&S commitment to caring for the environment is reflected in everything we do.
It’s also reflected in our own facilities, where our ongoing focus on sustainability has led to tons of materials recycled, significant energy reduction and a continual lowering of our carbon footprint.
T&S recently continued and expanded this commitment to environmental stewardship with a capital investment in an on-site solar farm that offsets 15 percent of the energy demands of the Travelers Rest, South Carolina, headquarters and manufacturing facility.
(Watch a time-lapse video
of the installation of the arrays, which produce 270,000 kWh annually, in late 2017.)
Other sustainability programs at T&S include the following:
- 200,000 pounds of corrugation, plastic shrink wrap, trays and office paper recycled every year
- 9,000 gallons of coolant recycled annually
- Brass chips from machining, buffing and polishing processes collected and recycled to reduce the demand for virgin materials
- T&S products contain 90 percent post-consumer recycled content material
- Upgraded, energy-efficient heating and cooling systems
- Lighting changes that reduced electricity consumption by 6 percent
These efforts and others have allowed T&S to cut its carbon footprint 5 percent year over year for the last several years and will help us continue to lead the industry in sustainability for decades to come.
To learn more about T&S’ green products and processes, visit the Sustainability page
of tsbrass.com or view our Where Blue Meets Green video